Student/Family Assistance Program
SDSM offers the Student and Family Assistance Program at no charge to all students and families residing in the same household. This program is facilitated by Aurora Health Care.
How does it work?
Help begins when a family member or legally responsible adult calls the program. Based on your needs you will:
- Be connected with a counselor who will consult with you.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor for you or your family.
- Be assisted with an insurance or community-based referral, if your situation requires further treatment or additional resources.
When should I seek help?
- A problem interferes with normal activities.
- Occupies too much of your time.
- Persists for more than several weeks.
What are typical concerns?
- Academic pressures
- Alcohol/drug issues
- Anxiety and depression
- Child/family issues
- Divorce/blended families
- Marital/relationship issues
- Parenting issues and questions
- Stress management
Who should I contact?
Call 800-236-3231 and identify yourself as eligible for student and Family Assistance Program services through the School District of South Milwaukee.
All services are confidential. No information about you or your family situation will be shared with school personnel without your permission.