Free and Reduced Price Meals
Children need healthy meals to learn. The School District of South Milwaukee offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $1.50 for Elementary School, $1.60 for Middle School, and $1.70 for High School; lunch costs $2.75 at the Elementary Schools, and $3.10 at the Middle and High Schools. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is FREE for breakfast and $.40 for lunch.
Eligibility for Free & Reduced Priced Meals must be reviewed and renewed at the beginning of each new school year. If you do not receive a Notification Letter of Direct Certification within the first 2 weeks of August, you should complete an application for Free & Reduced Priced Meals. If you receive a Notification Letter of Direct Certification in August, it is NOT necessary to complete an application.
- Who can get free or reduced priced meals?
- How do I know if my children qualify as homeless, migrant, or runaway?
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
- Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are already approved for free or reduced price meals?
- Can I apply Online?
- My child's application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new application?
- I get WIC. Can my children get free meals?
- My child(ren) qualifies for BadgerCare plus or Medicaid. Can my child get free meals?
- Will the information I give be checked?
- If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?
- What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
- What if my income is not always the same?
- What if some household members have no income to report?
- We are in the military. Do we report our income differently?
- What if there is not enough space on the application for my family?
- My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?
The online application is also available in Albanian, Arabic, & Spanish. Look for the language choices at the top of the page.
|Household Size||Yearly ($)||Monthly ($)||Weekly ($)|
|Each additional person:||9,509||793||183|