School Based Mental Health Program
Caring for the Mental Health of our Students & Families
The School District of South Milwaukee is committed to the health and wellbeing of our students and school community. We are proud to offer a comprehensive array of supports and services for our student body that includes a team of professionals including therapists, counselors, social workers, nurses and other specialized staff who care for our students and make sure that they can reach their full potential.
Through our partnership with Wellpoint, a community provider specializing in school based mental health, the School District of South Milwaukee operates onsite mental health clinics at each district school available to all students and families. The purpose of these clinics is to provide our students and families access to therapeutic mental health support services that complement district provided services. This functions as an outpatient clinic providing individual and family therapy, as such, the student’s insurance is the primary method of payment for these services.
Therapy services can support students who may be struggling with:
● Anxiety and depression
● Thoughts of self-harm
● Grief and loss issues
● Inattention and executive functioning challenges
● Self-Image and Self-esteem
● Peer relationships and social skills
We encourage you to access this professional counseling opportunity if you think that your child or family would benefit from gaining tools to help with many of the challenges, we face in our lives today. SaintA’s therapists are available to schedule appointments both during the school day and some limited after hours.
To schedule an appointment or consultation, please contact your school counselor or principal or Wellpoint at 414-345-7609
- 1. Where are the clinics located?
- 2. What are the clinic hours and when are services provided?
- 3. What age must my child be to receive services?
- 4. Does the clinic provide services to families or just students?
- 5. Is there a cost associated with services at the clinic?
- 6. What type of insurance is accepted at the clinic?
- 7. Is the information about my child’s care shared between Wellpoint and other school professionals?