School Registration

South Milwaukee Enrollment

South Milwaukee Schools are open to all residents on South Milwaukee, as well as students who are approved though alternate enrollment options.  To begin the enrollment process, please follow the steps below and choose the correct link for your family situation.  If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please call the school that you plan to enroll in.  For elementary enrollment, you can reference this boundary map to determine which school is your home school. ** Please Note: Elementary schools are closed after the second week of June. Call the District Office at 414-766-5000 for information over the summer.

Step 1: Submit an Online Application

Step 2: Required Documents

Although the online process allows for the upload of certain documents, you can also bring your documents to the schools for verification.  If you are enrolling students in multiple schools, you may bring your documents to any one of them. **Please Note: Elementary schools are closed after the second week of June. If enrolling during this time, please call the District Office at 414-766-5005 for instructions. 

Documents Required for New Students

  • Proof of Residency - accepted documents are listed below
    • Signed Lease Agreement - dated within the last year, in the name of the parent/guardian
    • Residential Property Tax Bill - dated within the last year
    • Utility/cable/landline phone bill - dated within the last 60 days, in the name of the parent/guardian
  • Child(ren)'s original birth certificate
  • Immunization Record (only required if you recently moved to WI)