Students who have reached the age of majority (18 or older) and have completed the Age of Majority form through the Principal’s Office, have the following rights and responsibilities:
- To make decisions about their educational programming.
- To submit excuses on their own behalf for absences. Students may be asked to provide a doctor’s medical excuse or other justification for excessive absences.
- If suspended, students may be accountable for their own re-admission following the suspension.
- Parents/Guardians are no longer responsible for the actions of their children when they turn eighteen; however, debts incurred by students prior to age eighteen are still the responsibility of the parents/guardians.
- Those completing the Age of Majority form may choose to not have information or communication sent to parents/guardians. Parents/Guardians will be notified if student chooses this option. However, if the student is still living with a parent/guardian, important information may be shared by the school with the parent/guardian.