Fuel Up to Play 60 Kickoff Contest Winners Announced
Wisconsin Dairy Farmers and Green Bay Packers Reward Wisconsin Schools for Leading the Way Towards Healthy Improvements
Madison, WI (November 21, 2014) - Six Wisconsin schools won the “Fuel Up to Play 60 Kickoff Contest”. They were awarded six tickets each to attend the Green Bay Packer Fuel Up to Play 60 game on November 30th. Schools throughout the state entered the contest by submitting a photo of their kickoff event and a 60-word description of what their school was doing to kick off their Fuel Up to Play 60 program this fall.
The “Fuel Up to Play 60 Kickoff Contest” winners include:
• Dousman Elementary School, Kettle Moraine School District
• Howe Elementary School, Wisconsin Rapids School District
• Hudson Middle School, School District of Hudson
• Johnston Elementary School, Appleton Area School District
• River Ridge Middle High School, River Ridge School District
• South Milwaukee High School, South Milwaukee School District
The winning schools planned activity stations, community events, obstacle courses, healthy snacks, dance events and school-wide runs to build visibility and get students excited about the program at their school. Similar events were held across the state in other Fuel Up to Play 60 participating schools to motivate students to be active and healthy, while spreading the word about the Fuel Up to Play 60 program.
Fuel Up to Play 60 is an in-school nutrition and physical activity program created in partnership with Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board and the Green Bay Packers that encourages students to eat healthy, be active and implement positive, healthy changes at school.